Wednesday, May 26, 2004

I got a "catalog" in the mail awhile ago from Doug Field's Simply Youth Ministry. It is a catalog of all the new and improved curriculum and other youth ministry paraphernalia and adorning the cover and back are about 100 thumbnail photos of youth group silliness.
I am all for youth group silliness. BUT BUT BUT i felt like this catalog is one of the leading sources in youth ministry and it is sad to me, that the way they promote and sell their items is by juicing up the FUN that they have.
I don't know maybe I am too sensitive BUT we have an entire world that is fun and crazy,our youth ministries are not about the games/crowd breakers......right???
I am sure that at Doug Fields church there is a HUGE amount of discipleship going on, kids coming to the Lord left and right.....I just don't want to misrepresent why our ministry exists. It's not cause these kids need another place to get crazy and have fun, it's cause they need the Lord!!
Ah whatever!