Monday, June 14, 2004

As of last Saturday night I am now an engaged woman!! Justin asked me to be his wife!!! can you believe it!!! I am so excited and thrilled, it also came as a real surprise. Let me tell you all about it.
Saturday was a great day already because we had been planning a date day. I knew what was going to happen that morning but Justin was planning the rest of the day and that would be a surprise. This wasn't a big clue because Justin usually plans surprises.
That morning we went to the beach and just hung out. We played frisbee and cards, it was relaxing and nice. We went back to Justins house and got ready for the rest of the date (this part was all a surprise).
He first took me to this AMAZING restaurant called Inn of the Seventh Ray. This place is amazing, nestled in the woods, next to a creek. It was so romantic. I thought this was the surprise.
THEN he took me to a park right on the beach. We had been to this park before on our 1 month anniversary. He had brought his guitar and it was really close to sunset time. We sang together 3 or 4 of our favorite worship songs. I was crying already because it was so nice!!
He then told me he had one more song he wanted to sing for me. He wrote me a song!! It was so beautiful!!!!! Oh man, I was a mess. One of the lines in the song mentioned....will you walk with me. So at this point I kinda had a feeling he might ask me to marry him (holy crap). After he finished singing he came and sat next to me and told me that he was serious about wanting to walk next to me for the rest of our lives and pulled out a little white box from his coat.........I LOST IT and CRIED!!! I was so thrilled.
The ring is the most beautiful ring ever!! Justin picked it all by himself with NO HELP from me and he couldn't have chosen a better ring. I love it. It is so simple and lovely!!
So, that was that. Justin is amazing and I am so excited!!!
We are looking into a January 2005 wedding!!

Anyways, that's the new news. I am so thrilled and thankful.