Saturday, October 22, 2005

so, it's 3:45AM and I have been awake since 2:52am.
I have been laying in bed thinking all sorts of different thoughts but one line of thought has really got me thinking.
(I am just going to be writing down my thoughts as they come, so I hope they make sense to you as you read them.........)

There are all sorts of different people in your life.

People you work with.
People who you have lead.
People who know EVERYTHING about you, good, bad, the ugly.
People who you don't really know but have had good conversations with.
People who you have worked for.
People who only know you from a distance.
People who don't like you.
Your family.
People you have lived with.
People you don't like.
People you go to church with.
People who only knew you for a brief time.

All sorts of people.

Don't you ever wonder what people think about you? I mean honestly what they think.
I think it could be valuable feedback to hear what some of these people think about me.

How often do we ask the people in our lives........what they think about us??

I think it could be very helpful.
I really like the idea of knowing how people perceive me, negative and positive.
Are peoples perceptions of my weaknesses, my struggles the same as what I also feel?? Or could they shed light on something you yourself haven't really acknowledged yet.

Very valuable I think.

Maybe I will send out a mini-survey. Asking people.

When you die....people have a lot to say about you.
I mean isn't that what a funeral is......people sharing together who they knew you to be.
At funerals they don't usually share the negative parts about you cause that would probably be a major bummer but that is something that would be important to know while you are living your life.

Okay....sending out a survey.
I need to think on this a bit more.

I think it could be very cool.

I am going to sleep now.
I have a wedding to go to in the morning (my moms).

Good Night bloggy bloggy land!!!