Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Once again last night I woke up at 2am from a bad dream.
As I laid there in my bed........another brilliant thought came to me.

Currently in our life situation there is a ton of stuff going on that I have NO CONTROL over!!
George Reitz dying of cancer.
Justins grandfather dying of cancer.
Justin not being able to find a new job........

all of these things, I have NO CONTROL over.

Last week as we went down to our cars to go to work we noticed that one of our bike locks had been cut off. Someone was clearly trying to steal our bikes. Thank goodness, the last time they stole Justins tires we got two locks. Anyways, since that time I have been freaking out about someone trying to take our bikes.

I figured out this morning that the reason I have been totally freaking out about the bike situation is because THIS is a situation I have Control over. I mean, in some sense at least. We can buy another lock, put the bikes in our apartment, in some way take care of it.

Interesting right??

When I am swimming in a sea of uncontrollable things, I desperately try to grab onto something I can.

Good lesson.

Enjoy the day!!