Monday, January 22, 2007

okay, venting...........

so about a month ago I received a Christmas Card from an old friend. The card included a beautiful photo of her family (her, her husband and child) and a well written letter about how wonderful the last year was. The letter included the sentance, "our family couldn't be doing better, and couldn't have been more blessed this last year."

Okay, fast forward to today.

I receive an email from this same friend letting me know that she is seriously considering divorcing her husband and she has left the house and is living with her parents until they can figure out what the next step will be.

I called her right away to chat and just let her know I love her and her family. BUT what is so freaking annoying is that Christmas Card!!! Those things are so freaking fake. No one really writes how they are really doing. They write all this crap about work, children, la la la. Not the real meat and bones of what is happening in their lives.

I am annoyed!